In Florida, in addition to your bedroom serving as a place to sleep, it must also have a closet. According to the 2018 Florida Statues, 381.0065, it must also have five additional requirements:
1. For site-built dwellings: has a minimum of 70 square feet of conditioned space
2. For manufactured homes: it is constructed according to the standards of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development and has a minimum of 50 square feet of floor area
3. Is located along an exterior wall
4. Has a closet and a door or an entrance where a door could be reasonably installed
5. Has an emergency means of escape and rescue opening to the outside in accordance with the Florida Building Code.